As a Gameplay Programmer, you will be working in a team of experienced developers on exciting games in Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure (HOPA) genre. We are looking for driven and experienced Gameplay Programmer capable of performing in a dynamic environment and collaborating with other members of a multi-disciplinary team.
What will you be doing:
- Work on code-base in various stages of development: prototyping, pre-production, production.
- Reviewing existing code-base, suggesting improvements in implementation and documentation.
- Improving the quality of the code through refactoring and optimization.
- Work with producers and game designers on the implementation of new gameplay features.
- Solving technical challenges in game design.
- Iterative development with a focus on delivering a functional solutions.
- Testing and fixing issues found by QA team to ensure bug-free builds.
- Collaborating with game designers, artists, animators, sound engineers and QA in order to develop a great game.
To complete these tasks properly you need to have:
- Solid understanding of any programming language including scripting languages.
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Understanding basic algorithm and data structures.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with teammates.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Sufficient knowledge of English language to read technical documentation.
- Working under pressure, meeting deadlines.
- Passionate gamer and creative problem solver.
Any of the following will be an advantage:
- Working knowledge of Lua scripting language.
- Working knowledge of SVN, Git, Mercurial or other version-control software.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe After Effects.
- Familiarity with HOPA game genre.
Here’s what we can give in return:
- Competitive salary.
- Enthusiastic, friendly and growing team.
- Interesting and fun work.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com